About A Proverbs 31 Wife:
I am not The Proverbs 31 Woman. She was perfect and there was only one of her. Instead, I am a proverbs 31 wife who isn’t perfect but loves the Lord and strives (failing often) to become a wife pleasing to my husband and God.
That’s my husband and I at the beginning of my journey as a wife. These were our engagement photos and we were joking around so much that the photographer threatened to quit!
Growing up in a conservative Old German Baptist family, as the oldest of 6 kids was a huge blessing in the homemaking department. I came into marriage knowing how to keep a home and cook great food. I didn’t exactly know how to be a good wife.
I still don’t know how to be a good wife but I’m learning, and I like to share what I’ve learned with others. Maybe sharing my mistakes will keep you from making them too!
My passion is homemaking. All forms of homemaking. Following that is writing, which is where this blog comes in.
If you were to ask me what my religion is; I would respond that I am a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ; a sinner saved by grace. However, If you were to ask what church I go to, I would respond that I belong to the Old German Baptist Fellowship.
50 Random Facts About Me
1. I was married on my 21st birthday
2. My middle name is Leanne, I hated it for years. Jason’s middle name is Lee, and now I like Leanne.
3. The first time I made bread, it took 8 hours to raise due to an insufficient amount of yeast. I still make mistakes like that on occasion.
4. I itched horribly while pregnant. Turns out I had Cholestasis and have a 70% chance of it recurring with each pregnancy. The risk? Stillbirth.
5. We are attempting what looks like an impossible dream in 2015.
6. The first 4 months of nursing did not go well. I nearly gave up multiple times.
7. In March of 2013 I was faced with two choices. Lose weight or buy a new wardrobe. I lost weight.
8. I went to private school for 4 years, and homeschooled my remaining school years.
9. I plan on teaching our children at home the way I was.
10. I read. A Lot. The most effective punishment for me as a child, was to take my books.
11. I love to garden, but hate dirt under my nails.
12. I once replaced the water pump in my washing machine.
13. I can sew. I can sew just about anything I want to. I do not like to sew.
14. We try to buy mostly organic and/or natural foods. But on our bi-weekly shopping trip we indulge in donuts.
15. In 2014, I joined several other bloggers to write a book on the Proverbs 31 Woman titled Set Apart.
16. I make my own yogurt. It took over a dozen tries and lots of thin, runny yogurt before I figured it out.
17. I grew up on a small dairy farm with my siblings. A farm is a great place to have fun, and get into all sorts of trouble!
18. Jason and I love playing pranks on each other.
19. In 2014 I gave Jason the ultimate Father’s day gift. Our son.
20. I wear a prayer covering on my head.
21. I love to learn and research. Google has made this very easy.
22. I am 16 years older than my youngest sibling. People always thought the two youngest were mine.
23. My son looks just like my brothers. Until he laughs, then he looks like my father in law.
24. I love to eat. Want to be my friend? Bring me food. Bonus points if you bring me ethnic foods!
25. I’m a daughter of the King of Kings. That makes me a princess. You will never convince me otherwise.
26. I find great satisfaction in preserving foods. So I wrote a book on it.
27. I did a 13th year of school. A course I wanted to take had so many prerequisites that it took me 3 years to get take them all.
28. The course I wanted to take was an in-depth look at the human body.
29. Red dye makes me hyper. As in talk way too much, way too fast hyper. I was once annoyed at the cheap OSB that my desk was made of and loudly stated that this SOB board was worthless. I try to avoid red dye now.
30. I’m torn between wanting to make peace, and wanting to say “forget you!” and walk away. Sometimes I do both.
31. Want to make me mad? Go 50 mph in front of me when in the on-ramp to interstate. Trying to merge into traffic that’s going 20+ mpg faster than me is terribly nerve-wracking.
32. My MIL has made cakes for years. Only one time has something went wrong. Our wedding cake fell over, I laughed and laughed over that!
33. I broke my wrist when I was 15. My brother broke his wrist 2 weeks prior to that. You can imagine the comments we received!
34. I am as conservative as they come. I also believe in caring for the earth. I’ve been called liberal for that.
35. I played with snakes as a kid. I still love them!
36. We’ve had pet rats in the past. Will probably get more when the children are older.
37. I love to hate my cat. She’s a darling, but also a brat.
38. When I first met my husband I thought him incredibly dorky looking.
39. I love music, old and new. I also like our congregational singing in church.
40. I use herbs and essential oils in place of traditional medicine. Doctors are great, and for emergencies only.
41. Since healthcare is the law, I compared a few Christian sharing plans to find one that fit our family.
42. I used to work in group homes for mentally and physically disabled adults. I quit because the hours took away from my family.
43. I spent 3 years working at a daycare. I quit there to become a nanny.
44. As a mom, I’ve learned that not all ideas turn out to be good ones.
46. On the second night of our honeymoon, I nearly gave Jason a concussion.
47. Even though they are usually hidden under a scarf, I love my Lilla Rose clips.
48. I love my Jesus, I also love that he can be your Jesus too!
49. I try to be careful what I say, but sometimes I put my foot in my mouth. Generally this is only because I genuinely care. Not that it’s any of my business, but everyone has a story and I want to know it.
50. I never thought it would be this hard to come up with 50 things about myself!
Why A Proverbs 31 Wife?
I chose the name of my blog because for years, the women mentioned in Proverbs 31 has fascinated me.
She is a strong beautiful woman; her husband praises her and her children
rise up and call her blessed (Prov. 31:28). She excels in caring for her household
(Prov.31:27), she feeds her family (Prov. 31:14-15), is kind and charitable (Prov. 31:20),
and is well versed in understanding money matters (Prov. 31:24).
The Bible says her price is far above rubies. My desire is to become that woman, and this is my journey.
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. Proverbs 31:10
Want more? Of course you do! So sign up for my emails here!