Have you ever realized that what you put into your mind is what will come out? What you watch, and what you read will come out in your actions. So if your desire is to start becoming a Godly wife, then don’t you think it’s time to put those “dime novels” away and start filling your mind with Godly advice?
In your journey to becoming a Godly wife, finding the right food for your mind is of great importance. For light reading, Christian novels are fine. But one needs to make sure they are also feeding their brain the word of God and books that are written with the intend to help you as a wife.
The bible of course is the best book to read for this purpose, but I wanted to put together another list, both for myself and for you guys.
I have several books that I have read and personally recommend. I also put out a call on Facebook and the wonderful members of our Facebook community chimed in with their faves.
Books to help you in becoming a Godly wife:
- Created to be His Helpmeet ~Debbi Pearl
- A Woman After God’s own Heart ~Elizabeth George
- Buried Treasure ~Leslie Monroe
- Women Living Well ~Courtney Joseph
- Wife after God ~Unveiled Wife
- The Ultimate Marriage Vow ~Darlene Schacht
- The Good Wife’s Guide ~Darlene Schacht
- Surrendered Wife ~Laura Doyle
- Love and Respect ~Dr Emerson Eggerichs
- Power of a Praying Wife ~Stormie Omartian
- The Excellent Wife ~Martha Peace
- Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands ~Dr Laura Schlessenger
- Unfulfilled: A Helpmeet’s Journey ~Misty Leask
- Daughters of Eve, Daughters of God ~Brenda Weaver
- (This list contains affiliate links)
In your journey towards becoming a Godly wife allow me to encourage you to choose a book from the list today and begin reading. If you are like me, it’s very possible you have some of these books on your shelf already and they could always be reread.