In light of saving money this month, I’ve asked a friend to share how we buy green on a budget. We both share a passion for this, and I’m thrilled to have her here talking about saving money and buying green!
My name is Rebekah and I blog over at “We Live Inspired!”. I actually have a Let’s Save Money! section on my website, if you want to check out other tips on how I get stuff free or largely discounted.
Kendra asked me to write today’s topic because she is doing some money saving tips this month. This shopping green thing is how we met actually. I was blessed to meet Kendra online when she became part of my wellness team a few years ago and we have not only worked together in the past (from home), but have chatted on the phone many times in relation to our mutual store we shop & save at, and now as blogging buddies. We have mutually helped each other with one thing or another over the years (she was very instrumental in me getting my blog off the ground) and I am grateful for our unique friendship in all the ways we are connected. I am sure you don’t care to read all about our background on how we know each other, so on to me sharing about how we both buy green on a budget!
We have memberships to this online going green store. It is set up like any wholesale store (think Sam’s or Costco), but with more perks and you don’t have to leave your home to shop there (how helpful is that for busy people?). My family and I decided to start going more natural and shopping for Green products like 5 years ago because of the rampant cancer in Mom’s side of the family. Mom is a survivor herself, and it was time to get rid of the cancer causing stuff we were using in the home. We started researching ways to buy green on a budget (as you prob. know buying organic or healthy stuff can be expensive).
What kinds of products does our wellness store have?
- Home Cleaning Necessities-Laundry detergents, all purpose cleaners, dish soaps, natural furniture polish, natural disinfectant sprays, tough stain removers, etc.
- Personal care items for the whole family– Toothpastes (you can get them fluoride free for those of you who prefer that..and for the children), soaps, shaving creams, lotions, deodorants, yummy shower gels and body lotions, men’s products and ladies products (like makeup, skin care, nail polish), acne & skin care products, medicine cabinet essentials, etc.
- Organic foods and Vitamins/supplements and even weight loss and fitness products (shakes & bars, organic cookies and crackers, organic microwave popcorn, gourmet hot chocolate-One of the things I am giving away!, oatemal, breakfast cereal and more
- Home Fragrance stuff like room sprays, soy candles, and Wax warmers with various scents
There are over 350 things, so that is a summary. There are a few amazing products that are my personal favorites. Being that my family has used these for 5 years, I could go on and on about the amazing wonders we have experienced, but I don’t want to bore you. I will just cover a few that I think you may appreciate as well-
- Natural Chewing Gum. I have a thing about gums with aspartame and warning labels on them. It’s really hard to find a gum that doesn’t have that nasty stuff in it. Our wellness store has several gum flavors now that are sweetened naturally.
- This amazing multi purpose cleaner/deodorizer & stain remover called Sol-u-Mel. The moms I help have gotten every stain a child can make out with it (like paint or marker, sticky stuff, accidents, etc), I have military wives who have gotten out the dirt and grime of their husband’s uniforms with the detergent plus sol u mel added to the wash, and as for me and my fam.- I have gotten out super tough pet stains (vomit and bathroom accidents-it also completely got rid of the smell), and recently my brother was amazed when he got out an old coffee stain on a white shirt he wanted to sell on Ebay.
- Renew Lotion. It’s a great dry skin buster for everyone, but especially for those with skin issues like eczema. Not greasy, not smelly…works wonders for many people (safe on babies and kids too)
- The vitamins. I love their Omega 3’s, and my Mom has been able to normalize her blood sugar levels with their vitality vitamin 4 pack (she had type 2 diabetes, but every one is different…that is just her personal story)
- The makeup. I wear all of their makeup and use their skin care, and get many compliments on looking younger than my age, or looking nice, etc. I love that it’s more natural and good for my skin too.
- Sol U Guard Botanical– kills the same amount of germs as Lysol, but is safe to spray around pets , kids, etc. You would be surprised at how toxic Lysol is and you know how kids touch everything and put their fingers in their mouths… I use this natural disinfectant during Cold and Flu season especially.
It was way to much to put in here, but if you want to hop over to We Live Inspired, I have a great list of all the other money saving perks that are offered! Like free products, cash back and more!
As you can see, I am pretty passionate about not only the quality of the products I use, but the fact I can get discounts as well. The products are super concentrated, so that is how you save. I didn’t mention pricing, and won’t get in to too much for time’s sake, but will give 2 examples on savings with products:
- All purpose Cleaner Cost $5.69 and makes 6 bottles (less than a dollar a bottle)
- Laundry Detergent is around 20 cents a load and about $10 cheaper than Tide (3 bottles of Tide Ultra is equal to one bottle of MelaPower)
I also want to mention in passing that I get a monthly check (and have for years- since the beginning) working from home with this company too. That is one last way this company has helped me so much! If I can help you make money too, please let me know.
If you would like more info on how you can buy green on a budget and get free stuff like we do, please email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to email or speak with you via phone to help you or answer questions. You may also leave your contact info at one of my websites and I will get back to you:
- For people who want to learn more about shopping and saving/freebies Click HERE
- For those of you also interested in earning extra income from home Click HERE
Now it’s time for the giveaway! Bekah is giving away a full size bag of Delectables Gourmet Hot Cocoa (Rich Milk Chocolate flavor) and it’s actually a healthy cocoa that is Gluten free and is a good source of protein and fiber (but tastes super yummy), a purse size of the amazing Renew lotion that she mentioned above, and a couple of other surprise green samples.
Rebekah can be found at We Live Inspired!, Facebook , Twitter, Pinterest, and her YouTube channel