Some women are blessed with hubbies who enjoy giving their wives massages. This girl not so much. If asked, he will cheerfully do it, but he doesn’t really have the right touch. It seems like no matter how hard he tries, my muscles just won’t properly relax.
I was sent an Electronic Pulse Massager from SantaMedical to try out and well…. It’s like I get a mini massage each evening!
The massager works by sending electric impulses to your muscles causing them to lightly contract and relax rhythmically. This contracting and relaxing increases the circulation around those muscles, working out the kinks and helping them relax.
We visit the chiropractor once a month and occasionally he would recommend some Electronic Pulse therapy (Tens unit). It’s a bit pricy and not covered by our insurance, so I didn’t have it done very often even though it really helped.
Now I have my own Tens Unit and can use it whenever I want!
To compare my Tens Unit to the one at the chiropractor would be unfair. Even though they give the same result, they are two entirely different units. One commercial and one personal.
Having a Tens Unit of my own is a wonderful thing. Wearing little k around in his wrap can really cause my shoulder muscles to tense up and hurt. Now right before I go to bed, I put the electrode pads on my shoulders and get a mini massage. 🙂
The Tens Unit I was sent has the following options:
- It comes with 4 electrode pads, so two people can use it at the same time, or all four pads can be used for the same person.
- Individual intensity settings for each pair of pads.
- 3 massage styles: Massage, Beat, and Knead
- 5 Preset modes: Waist, Shoulder, Joint, Hand-Leg, and Sole
- 15 minute timer
Another thing I have noticed with using the Tens unit, is how much better I sleep. When I get a mini massage each evening with my Tens Unit, I have found that I sleep much better, and feel more rested in the morning.
Besides using it on my shoulders, we have also used it on Jason’s knees. He came home one day and couldn’t hardly walk because he had been working on his knees all day. We put it on for 15 minutes and used the “joint” setting. I walked back into the room later and asked how his knee was. Jason looked at me and said he couldn’t believe how much better it felt!
So, is there anything I don’t like about this Tens Unit? I have a few complaints and they are really just me nit-picking, but here they are.
- There are 2 sets of pads and both can be run at the same time. While the intensity level can be adjusted differently, the actual mode is the same for both sets.
- The instruction booklet didn’t offer much information
- Only runs for 15 minutes at a time. I know I can run it longer and be fine, but I have to reset it each time.
- There is only a flimsy piece of plastic to put the pads on when I am done with them. I’ve started sticking them to the back of the device which is only slightly better.
As you can see, it’s really a great unit, I’m just picking a little. I definitely recommend and will be giving it a 4 star review on Amazon.
Speaking of Amazon, you can buy your own Tens Unit from Amazon for $32.95. (Yes, that was an affiliate link, just so you know 😛 )
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.