With my first pregnancy I craved gummy bears. But after I ate them I felt sooo sick. Most likely I was craving the gelatin, since I would also pig out on jello. This time around gummies are already sounding good again.
But I didn’t want to eat them and feel sick, so I started looking for gummy bear recipes.
Before I tried any of them, something landed in my inbox and I knew it was perfect. A Mocha Gummy Bears recipe in an eBook titled Easy Paleo Gelatin Treats.
If you are wondering how that eBook ended up in my inbox, I’ll make a long story short and just state that Easy Gelatin Treats is one of the 78 eBooks in the Healthy Living Bundle!
So while I’m downloading my bundle, I find that book, and the mocha gummy bears recipe in it which I am now sharing with you. (with the author’s permission of course!)
I found these adorable gummy bear molds on Amazon and got right to work making my mocha gummy bears.
Mocha Gummy Bears Recipe using Herbal Coffee
- 1 cup water and three Dandy Tea packets
- 3 tablespoon Grass Fed Gelatin
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp stevia powder or 1/4 cup coconut sugar
Mocha Gummy Bears Recipe using Real Coffee
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 3 tablespoon Grass Fed Gelatin
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup organic raw cane sugar
Both Mocha Gummy Bears Recipe works for the following instructions
Stir the gelatin into your coffee whisking briskly. Dumping it in and stopping for a photo like I did is ill-advised. You may end up with a few clumps.
Heat the milk on medium heat until it reaches about 100 degrees. Add the coffee and sweetener to the pan of milk and stir for 2 more minutes.
Remove the pan from the stove. The herbal coffee mix tends to foam, for best results, scoop that foam into a separate container and let it set up like that, it makes a lovely treat to eat with a spoon.
Pour your gummy bear mix into molds and let them set up for an hour. After my cute little molds were filled, I just poured the rest into a dish and cut them into squares once set. 🙂
1 recipe makes a good pound plus some and disappeared really quickly!
I really need the dandelion herbal coffee gummies as the herbs in it are very good for your liver. But I liked the regular coffee gummy better.
I think I will try making gummies with the herbal coffee, regular milk and regular sugar next time. 🙂
- 1 cup strong, black coffee or herbal coffee
- 3 tbsp grass fed gelatin
- 2 cups coconut milk or whole cows milk
- ½ teaspoon stevia powder or ¼ organic raw cane sugar
- Heat the milk on medium heat until it reaches about 100 degrees.
- Add the coffee and sweetener to the pan of milk and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove. The herbal coffee mix tends to foam, for best results, scoop that foam into a separate container and let it set up like that, it makes a lovely treat to eat with a spoon.
- Pour your gummy bear mix into molds and let them set up for an hour.
Easy Paleo Gelatin Treats contains 30 different recipes using gelatin and there is more than one gummy bear recipe in there! This one just really appealed to me though.
This mocha gummy bears recipe is just a tiny peep at all the goodies the Ultimate Healthy Living bundle offers!
But, the offer ends soon so I suggest you find out more and snag your own bundle here!