Final Check In.
This is the final week for myself and the ladies who are part of the ShapelyGirl Fitness review crew. While I will no longer be blogging about it. I will keep on with my goals. And maybe someday I will actually lose some of this horrid fat that has fell in love with my body!
My goals were exercising a minimum of five times a week and avoiding highly processed foods. I had done pretty well with those goals. Until last week. Last week was a week of extremes.
Let’s do a little rundown of last week, shall we?
- Last Friday I came home from watching the 2 year old and did the ShapelyGirl workout DVD. Dinner was relatively healthy.
- Saturday: We went out of town for the weekend and met my mom and siblings at a hotel in Cincinnati. I swam with the kids for about 2 hours and then there was a little mishap caused by another child that led to the pool being shut down for 3 hours. My sis and I thought it would be nice to make use of the fitness center while we were waiting on the pool. So, I put in a good 35 min on the treadmill and also used a tread-stepper which I didn’t like. We swam again for about 1 1/2 hours and then went out for supper at Red Lobster. I did chose very small portions though.
- Sunday we ate a very unhealthy breakfast and spent all day traipsing around the zoo. And ate Dinner at Wendy’s
- Monday I watched the 2yr old (which is unsual for Mon. and Tues.) and felt rather sore and didn’t do any specific exercises.
- Tuesday I again had the 2yr old and we walked to McDonnald’s so she could play. A 20 minute one way walk, so I got in 40 minutes of walking. The downside? We did share a box of chicken strips while there.
- Wednesday I did use theShapelyGirl DVD and pushed myself harder than usual. Ended up pretty winded, but felt good.
- Thursday the 2yr old and I took another nice long walk and didn’t stop anywhere this time. 40 minutes of walking. But every other Thursday I leave the house at 5am and don’t get home until 7-8pm. If there are leftovers I pack them, I only had enough for lunch. So we ate Chinese. I know, I know, really really bad for me.
So what’s the final result? No inches lost and no weight lost either. I wouldn’t even share this except I agreed to blog about it as part of this group. I hate being disappointed and I hate having to share negativity. So what can I share that’s positive? Let’s see….
Ok, here’s something; I am able to keep going longer than normal. Even if I’m not losing weight, eating right and exercising is good for me. I am going to focus on that. In fact exercising causes your body to release feel-good hormones. (this is not a doctor blog so I am leaving out all the big fancy names, I couldn’t spell them anyway!) I do know that to be true, because when I am done I will often flop on the floor exhausted but there’s a big “I did it” smile on my face.
This will be my last post in the series. I will keep using my ShapelyGirl Fitness DVD and working out. I really enjoyed all the walking and wish I could afford a treadmill. But I have no place for it so I suppose it’s just as well.
One thing I will say, I do not believe my failure to lose weight is the fault of Debra Mazda’s program. There are a few other issues that need to be taken care of and apparently, if I don’t handle them first, I will not be losing weight. Debra is very encouraging and if you follow my on Twitter, you likely would’ve seen the quotes I was tweeting out.
For those of you considering a weightloss journey, please don’t let my story discourage you. Sometimes these things take time, some more than others. Just making a point to move every day is so good for you. Debra’s DVDs are fun to use, and I truly enjoyed it. Even though it didn’t help me lose weight, I would recommend them for the simple fact that moving makes you feel good.
I am a part of the 27 women on the CWA review crew, together over the last month we have held each other accountable and rejoiced with each other in every little goal that was reached. It’s been a lot of fun, and while I most likely won’t be blogging about it any more I will be staying in touch with the group.
I link up at these Parties!