I’ve taken an omega 3 supplement for a long time now. In fact, omega 3’s were what helped my hubby get off of his ADD medicine. However, I wondered if there was something better…
Dear readers, when I first learned about Fermented Cod Liver Oil I was excited. Fermented foods were something I was trying to add to my diet and since I needed Omega-3’s I thought this was a perfect product.
I was excited to start taking it and began giving it to my son at around 5 months. He loved it and I was thrilled. I got a new shipment and opened a new bottle. Suddenly my son was crying after taking it and I thought the taste seemed a bit “off”. The next time we took it, the reaction from him was worse and my throat really hurt.
I did a little digging online and 90% of the healthy living sites I trusted were promoting the oil and saying that the burn was normal, but if it got too bad to switch to the encapsulated version. The other 10% were mostly silent with a few saying they felt the oil was rancid and oxidized and didn’t recommend it.
Long story short, I quit taking the fermented cod liver oil, although my husband continued taking the capsules.
Now, no more.
Last week a report was released on Fermented Cod Liver Oil that surprised and shocked many. It also did a very good job of explaining why I felt funny about taking it any longer. This is an 111 page report and took awhile to read.
Rather than sending you to the report, I’m going to send you to Modern Alternative Momma. She has always done a great job of digging and testing “truth”. She, along with many of us feel quite duped and angry that we spent so much money on Green Pastures products that in all reality were doing far more harm than good.
You can read Kate’s full post here: Is Fermented Cod Liver Oil the Real Deal or a Sick Hoax?
How do you feel? Will you continue taking it now?