I’ve reached day 11 and at this point in the original reboot plan I should be slowly headed back to whole foods and not juice. However, I think I will keep on juicing a little bit longer. I’ve discovered a few juicing survival tips, and I still want to lose a few more pounds.
So, I plan to continue juicing until I have lost at least 20 pounds. Since nearly 5 pounds will come back, once I completely start eating normal again, I need to lose enough to keep me at a decent weight once those five pounds come back.
Living on just juice has been a challenge. I’ve really hated the taste of some juices, (did you know, just because you like the veggie, it doesn’t mean you will like the juice) and I badly want something to chew at times. So today, I thought I would share a few of my juicing survival tips.
Juicing Survival Tips:
1. It’s a mind set. At first it was horrible. I wanted my normal foods so badly. But I stayed strong and kept saying no to what my brain wanted. My stomach nearly always has
food juice and water in it, so I’m not really hungry-hungry, as much as I am brain hungry. So what has helped the most, is training my brain to realize I don’t need to eat. And it’s very empowering to realize I can see and smell my favorite foods, and be able to say no and just enjoy the smell and not eat.
2. Coconut water. Coconut water is high in electrolytes and does a lot to help with the lethargy I felt at first. It’s also very easy. I can buy the carton and pour myself a cup, no juicing required.
3. Which leads me to my next tip. NuNaturals Stevia. (Read more about that here.) The coconut water by itself is rather blah. I added a bit of the lemon NuNaturals and it made a world of difference! I have added it to my teas, and juices and even water. I love water, but slurping down 3 quart of water daily gets old.
4. Gelatin! If you don’t like jello then this wouldn’t be for you. But if you do like jello, then try making real juice jello to chew on. I boiled just enough water to dissolve 3 packets of gelatin in and then mixed it with 3 cups of juice. It set up and now I have something to chew. Much better than ice. 🙂
5. Smoothies! A major complaint among juicers is constipation. I did a colon cleanse right before starting this (check out the “had your veggies yet” ad on the right sidebar to see what I used) and so I did start out on the right foot. But every other morning I make a smoothie rather than a juice for breakfast and that’s just enough fiber to ensure that all systems are “go”. lol
Do you have any other juicing survival tips for me? I really could use them! And don’t forget to check back on Saturday for my next weigh-in. I did step on the scales this morn and it made me smile, but I’ll just be sharing that part of the progress once a week.
Want to know what kind of juicer I am using? You can (ad) find it on Amazon.
Disclaimer: You are responsible for your own health choices, and this is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.