Have you ever noticed that it’s the little things in life that count?
It’s the little things that can make or break your day. The big things get taken in stride, but day after day of something small can leave you with the best feeling ever, Or make you wish you could just go back to bed. 🙂
So, let’s use the little things to show our husband’s how much we love him.
A Dozen Little Things you can do to Make his day.
- Hide little notes where he will find them later.
- If he likes jokes; hide something funny in his lunch box.
- Serve his favorite meal once a month.
- Always kiss him goodbye in the mornings.
- Greet him home with a kiss as well.
- Meet him at the door in the evenings if you can.
- If he is outside working in the hot summer heat (like mowing yard) take him a cool drink.
- In the winter, have hot water ready for hot coco, tea, or coffee if he enjoys those drinks.
- Give at least one genuine complement a day.
- Whether he is sitting on the couch playing video games, or working on something, go spend a little time with him. You don’t even have to talk 🙂 just being there seems to make their day. Not something I can explain, but I know it works!
- Lightly brush your shoulder or hand against him when you walk by.
- Always, Always thank him for even the smallest things.
I’m sure you can come up with hundreds of little things you can do for your husband. They are easy and take very little time and yet, they can do a lot not just for your husband but also for you. Because we all know that when you are focusing on making others happy you forget your problems.
Wondering why you should bother with doing things for him when you feel like he takes you for granted and does nothing for you? Hard question and I’m not exactly qualified to answer it. But I have been there (for over 3 years) and do have some thoughts on that. So there’s your hint for the post in 2 weeks.