What is a girl to do when she is craving chocolate and there is none in the house? She finds a recipe for homemade dark chocolate!
And then because she is picky, she ends up tweaking the recipe a few times to suit her. Resulting in a large stash of homemade dark chocolate in her fridge from various attempts at perfecting her recipe!
I’m not 100% sure I’m satisfied with the recipe yet, but for now I’m done “messing” with it. For now I’m enjoying my chocolate and am sharing my recipe for homemade dark chocolate with you!
Did I mention it’s paleo?!
IF… you are looking for overly sweet, creamy smooth chocolate that tastes like Hersheys, you probably aren’t going to like this.
However… if you are looking for a robust, rich, full of flavor piece of dark chocolate to enjoy guilt free, this is it!
Recipe for Homemade Dark Chocolate Bars
Start with pure, simple ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. Heat, sift and stir. Pour, chill and cut. Yum!
- Warm coconut oil and coconut butter until melted
- Whisk in maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt
- Sift the cacao powder into the pan and mix well.
- Line a dish with wax paper or use silicone molds
- Pour chocolate into pan or molds and chill for an hour or two (the thicker your chocolate the longer chill time needed)
- If using silicone molds, place them in the freezer for 15-30 minutes before popping them out.
- Otherwise invert your pan and dump the bar of chocolate out. Peel off the wax paper and cut or break into smaller pieces.
- Recipe makes approx 10 ounces of decadent dark chocolate.
Save it for later! Quick and easy paleo friendly recipe for homemade dark chocolate!Click To Tweet