Today I am thrilled to have Renea from Cupcake and Bake here sharing her recipe for Whoopie Pies! I had never tried whoopie pies until I met hubby and his gran gave me one. I’m super excited to try making these!
Hello there! First, I’d like to say thanks to Kendra for sharing her space with me. Today, I’m sharing with you my Recipe for Whoopie Pies.
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa, flour, and sugar.
- Add your eggs and shortening and cream the ingredients together until they are too dry to use the mixer.
- Slowly add the milk and water, alternating between the two and mixing between additions.
- Using a large spoon, drop cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. These don’t have to be dropped too far apart, because these cookie will not spread as much as say chocolate chip cookies.
- Bake at 400 for 5-8 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. They should be a cake-like texture.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes, then move to cooling racks.
- In a medium bowl, cream together egg whites, shortening, butter, and vanilla.
- Add flour and granulated sugar. Don’t forget to mix!
- Begin adding powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
- Add the milk after the second cup of powdered sugar.
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar until the consistency is thick, but not too thick.
- Make sure the cookies are cooled completely, then ice one side. Place the remaining side on top.